Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer time

I absolutely love the summer. I always loved the summer time (I am a teacher) but, honestly, before Oliver, I really did work a lot through the summer. I either worked, or did absolutely nothing, and looking back really wasted some valuable time. Don't get me wrong, as a working Mommy, I definitely value my down time but I realize now that I really did waste time. Anyway, that's a whole other blog post..or maybe even a different blog. As I was saying, I love summer and I now appreciate the lazy days I can spend with Oliver just playing and having fun. I, of course, have some blogging to catch up on major events like the first hair cut and first time in the backyard pool but I wanted to catch up on some of my favorite smaller moments.

Oliver is really trying to talk now. Here is some of his vocabulary, with translations as best I can figure:
dadadadada : Daddy
vava: water
boobay: blueberry (although sometimes this is a grape as well)
uh: up
si: outside
ca: car

Oliver laughing: yes

OK, so he's not ready for a broadcasting job yet but he is really trying. Lots and lots of babbling. He gets so frustrated when he is trying to tell me something and I can't understand. I try to guess the best I can but am usually not that successful. We have had an increase in tantrums lately and I know that some of it stems from his trouble communicating. I had speech issues as a kid and I remember how frustrating it is to try to tell adults something and not be understand. I really feel for him.

Just an update, part of the reason for increase in tantrums, hopefully, is Oliver has yet another ear infection. He is back on good old amoxicillin again and a month's supply of Zyrtec. Here's hoping to a quick recovery.

Cute stories:
Oliver loves to help with the laundry. The other day he was helping me put the wet clothes from the washer into the dryer. Oliver usually just tosses the wet clothes in the dryer a few times and then moves on to something else. Well, he was really into it this time and I let him put the dryer sheet in the dryer. I guess it was a big deal because he held it, smiled, and oh, so very, gently placed it on top of the clothes in the dryer. He was so proud!

Oliver and Garrett have learned, for the most part, to work around each other. Garrett now, pretty much just gets up and moves or willingly goes to our bedroom if Oliver is getting too much for him. I usually have more trouble trying to explain "Gentle with puppy" or "Stay away from Garrett when he is eating" to Oliver. Something must have sunk in though because one day I was going to Oliver's room and trying to get Oliver to follow me and Garrett was sprawled out on the tile floor in the entryway by the front door. Oliver came running behind me and I called out"Careful of Garrett, Oliver. Watch out, Garrett," thinking Garrett would get up and move. This time Garrett didn't move and Oliver stopped and looked at Garrett spread out on the floor with his paws toward Oliver. Oliver put his back against the wall and sidestepped his way past him! I had know idea he knew how to do that. It was so funny!

I have some posts from events this past spring if you care to read through. I am looking forward to sharing more stories soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment