Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Graduation!

I know I usually post a picture of Oliver doing something cute but this post is dedicated to Oliver's daddy, Doug and his graduation from the University of Arkansas. This picture of Doug with his parents was taken after graduation this May. I also want to take the time to thank his parents again for everything they have done to help us and support us as Doug went back to get his degree. As you know, Doug has worked so hard to go back to school and earn his degree. I am so proud of him and I want Oliver to know how hard his daddy worked and how special this day was in our family. Doug's graduation was May 8, 2010 and his degree is in Health Science from the University of Arkansas College of Education and Health Professions. Congratulations, Daddy!!!

We had a busy morning running around getting things ready for the day-Oliver cooperated by taking a nap in the morning. After Oliver got up, I had plans to take a picture of him and Daddy so I could show him one day, "Look, Oliver, here is a picture of you and your Dad the day he graduated from college." I had an image in my mind of this great father-son picture that we would frame and hang on the wall.

Instead, this was the best I could do:
Oliver really doesn't understand that people to go outside for reasons other than to play outside.


Grams (my mom) came over to our house for an all afternoon babysitting job because we figured Oliver, although very supportive of Daddy, was not ready for a two hour plus ceremony which required being still that happened to occur during his nap time. Thanks, Mom for taking care of our very active toddler who, incidentally, did not take his nap that day. She was also the photographer and I think she did a great job.

This picture is even more amazing if you knew how many times it took to get Oliver to look at the camera.

Here is a picture of Oliver after being able to play outside:
Much happier toddler

We arrived early for the ceremony at the UA in order to get good seats and good parking, not easy on graduation day. Funny, how graduation day is about honoring the graduate and we barely saw Doug that afternoon because he ended up parking the car and then having to check in early. The ceremony was very nice-Pomp and Circumstance always gets me-and I had high hopes of getting a great shot of Doug immediately after he received his diploma. Unfortunately, I couldn't get close enough and I don't have a good enough flash on my camera so this is the best I could do.
Looks like we will be buying the official photo from the U of A.

I just have to say again how proud I am of Doug. I know it wasn't easy for him to go back to school and I want him to know that I support him and I am proud of him. Congratulations, Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment