Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Online again!



After many weeks(months,actually) we are finally online again with a working hard drive! I am so excited! I have so much to blog about I will need to break it into several entries. It has been a busy couple of months for us. Doug graduation in May, the end of my school year, Oliver's new haircut, a bad ear infection, time with family and so much more. I hate it that I have missed so many little moments. I knew that I should have been writing them down as they happened but life was so busy that I didn't take the time and now I regret it. I treasure every moment with Oliver and I want this blog to be full of memories.

Jumping ahead a bit, we have had a great start to the summer. The last day of school was June 8 and I have been home ever since. Oliver is going 100 miles a minute and loving it-until its time for a nap and he is no longer happy. We are working on dropping his morning nap with varying degrees of success. What can I say, he is a boy who needs his sleep. Judging from how active he is, it is no wonder. Sometimes he will just run and laugh for no particular reason other than, I guess, life is just really, really good. Oliver has finally learned to give raspberries-instead of biting-we just laugh and laugh and tickle and raspberry blow. This is when I think about how much fun it is to have a little boy. I never did this sort of play when I was a little girl. It is so much fun.

He loves to dance and listen to music. It appears that he has his Daddy's sense of rhythm and love of music which makes us both very happy. We have to limit his music time or we would be listening to the same CDs repeatedly all day.

Stay tuned for more updates. I will be going backwards and posting pictures/videos and blogging about the past couple of months. Also, I am going to be giving the blog a new look, with Doug's help, of course.

Enjoy these beautiful summer days.

2 comments:

  1. an objective observerJune 17, 2010 at 4:12 PM

    Well, that is certainly the most adorable baby I've ever seen! Growing up little boy, that is.... Be sure and write about how he's using sophisticated language (boobay) and loves Dave Brubeck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read the comments of such a loving Mom. Li'l Oliver is a very, VERY lucky boy!!
    As was I many years ago.
    Oliver, not Li'l, but Ole Oliver

    ReplyDelete