Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Yes, the trip down memory lane continues....

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, despite some bumps in the road, with my precious baby boy...who is not a baby anymore. To start off, I had plans to have Doug take a picture of Oliver and me every Mother's Day because I thought it would be a sweet idea and I had this great picture from last year:
This captures our photo session this year:



Oh, well, better luck next year. As I said before, Oliver doesn't understand that people go outside for reasons other than to play and run around. He didn't understand why Mommy was picking him and not letting him play. So here are some pictures that Doug took of Oliver, much happier running around. I am in the background, out of the picture, amazed at how our little boy has changed in a year.


After the photo session, I had a special lunch with my mom and grandmother. We have a tradition of going to lunch on Mother's Day and then going out to Chotkowski's peony farm
in Fayetteville. We decided that since the peony farm is so crowded on Mother's Day that we would postpone the tradition to the following weekend or the one after that. The weather had other ideas for us and we ended up not being able to go this year. Actually, we tried to go out but the farm had closed by the third weekend in May and we decided to take Oliver to the park with Grandmother and Aunt J. Unfortunately, it turns out that Oliver was suffering from an undiagnosed ear infection and was not in the best of moods. Motherhood...

Although, I don't have my mother son picture from Mother's Day or any out of the ordinary events to report, I really did have a wonderful day. I was able to spend part of the day with my mother and grandmother and the rest with my energetic, amazing son. I don't think I could have done any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment