Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Joy

Warning: Really sappy mom post ahead. Read at your own risk.

Today I was so happy, I almost cried. I was literally fighting back tears. I was playing with Oliver this evening and he was starting to get a little fussy. He hadn't taken his late afternoon nap which means an early bedtime for him. I just didn't want to start getting ready for bed yet-just 10 more minutes please! So I found on you tube the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom video we have danced to before and started playing it. We danced all around the living room and he just laughed and smiled the entire time. He was so happy it made me just euphoric. We danced and I sang the song and we just had the best time. I couldn't resist one more and we listened to The Lion Sleeps Tonight and danced some more. I realized that we were creating a special memory and I stopped to just soak in the moment, realizing that this was just about as good as it gets. I had to fight back tears of joy to keep singing to Oliver.

Being a mom to Oliver is amazing and not a day has gone by that I haven't been thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I'm glad you warned me! :) I can just picture you two... as much as we try to do big, fun things for our kids (especially as they get older), it really is these small moments that are precious....

    ReplyDelete