Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love being Oliver's mommy



Happy Mother's Day! I am so behind in posting that I can't begin to tell you everything that Oliver has done lately. Today I just wanted to write about being Oliver's mommy.

I love him so much. I know you would expect his mom to say that but I do. We say all the time "He is just the best baby." and he really is. Oliver is just a really happy kid. I love how he is exploring everything now-trying to put things in his mouth, reaching for things, looking with those big eyes at anything new you put in front of him. I love how he loves to roll over now-he can go from belly to back now and just loves to roll. He gets this great look of satisfaction in his eyes every time he rolls. The other day Oliver rolled from one end of the blanket to the other and would have kept going I think if I had let him. I digress...

At this time last year, I was barely pregnant and feeling yucky from "all day" sickness. I was so excited about being a mom that I kept telling myself that all the yuckiness was worth it-and, wow, it has been. I also would wonder what our little "bean" would be like. What kind of little person would we have for a son or daughter? Now, we are loving discovering his personality and wonder what new things Oliver will show us.

As I reread this post, I realize that my writing skills are so lacking (as always!) and I can't describe how much I love Oliver or being his mommy. I just hope that he knows that I love him and I really am trying to figure out this whole mommy thing for him.

Hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day-I'll be posting Mother's Day pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you enjoyed your day. It looks like your little man is growing too. He is starting to look more like you! Isn't it funny how they change so much? It sounds like he is in a fun stage, but I guess they all are fun!

    ReplyDelete