Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Mother's Day pics

Here are just a few pictures from Mother's Day and a brief recap. Oliver and I had the best Mother's Day. This is a picture Doug took of us on our front porch in the morning. It was cloudy and rainy throughout most of the morning and we were really wondering if the weather was going to hold for the rest of the day. By the way, this is my new favorite picture of Oliver and me. I thought Doug did a great job.

I met my mom and grandmother for lunch and then Doug brought Oliver by my grandmother's apartment so we could continue together on our adventure. My mom, grandmother and I have made it a Mother's Day tradition to go look at the peonies every year. They are absolutely beautiful and the pictures do not do them justice. Along with a dear family friend, we toured the peonies and took turns holding Oliver-who was very sleepy from the car ride and not as into the peonies as we were. It was a great afternoon.

When we returned home, Oliver managed to stay up long enough to give me his Mother's Day presents. Oliver and Doug gave me a mini-camcorder which means that video will be coming soon! They also gave me one of those recordable cards and Doug recorded Oliver laughing on it. I listen to the card every day at school when I need an Oliver fix.

Here is Oliver sitting in my gift from Mom:


Yes, we are the last family of an infant to get a Bumbo! I was trying to hold out saying it wasn't necessary that for years babies learned to sit without a Bumbo. Well, my mom read my mind, as she often does, and got us the Bumbo and Oliver loves it! I just wish I had broken down and gotten one sooner.

I must run. I finally uploaded the upteen zillion pictures from our camera so hopefully I can update again soon. Just a heads up, I may need to post his crawling picture soon because he is acting like we are pretty close!! (I say this and it will be months!). Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment