Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's he doing now?

I get asked this question often regarding Oliver so I thought I would jot down a few things so that I could remember what he was doing and what Oliver was into at this stage.

  • Rolling.This is probably his favorite activity right now. He rolls and rolls and rolls. He can pivot too. We are convinced that crawling is soon to come. No getting up on the knees yet but he is "swimming" a lot. Video coming soon. He is definitely very physical.
  • Chewing everything. This is a close second to rolling. Everything goes in the mouth. No teeth yet but Oliver loves to chew and gnaw on whatever he can find.
  • Laughing. As I posted before, things can get pretty wacky around here. This morning, it was all about the ball. He has a stuffed multi-colored ball that he just loves. All you have to do is hold it over him and shake it or move it up and down in front of him as he lies on his back and he will just crack up.
  • Lots of sounds: "aaaaahhhhh aaaaaaahhhh"(at various pitches and lengths), "mmmmmmmm, mumumumumumu", occasionally "gu". It is so much fun to listen to him. Sometimes we really have quite a conversation with him.
The picture at the top of the post is from our first trip to the park. Oliver wasn't as into as I was-I think he was too sleepy-but it was a beautiful day and I had to get him out. Our stay was short. I got in the swing with him in my lap and swung for a few minutes. We hung out on the blanket with some toys from home and then we took a walk around to look around at the new surroundings. Hopefully, we can return soon when Oliver is a little more awake and aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment