Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

6 months

I can't believe lil baby Oliver is 6 months old. I am so thankful that we have a happy, healthy, wonderful 6 month baby boy. Lately, I have been doing a lot of "It was just a year ago and we were..." Here are a few...
  • I was just getting over my noon and evening sickness and was enjoying eating food again.
  • Heartburn had replaced the ickiness.
  • I was wondering if I was ever going to "look pregnant" (boy, did I ever!)
  • We called him "Bean"
  • Every doctor's appointment was an opportunity to hear his heartbeat and know (as best we could) everything was "ok".
  • We were eagerly awaiting our 20 week ultrasound in July to make sure Bean was healthy and developing-and if Bean was a girl or a boy!
  • Wondering what kind of child our little bean would be...
Which brings me to my next list...what we know about Oliver so far...
  • He is a "people" person. Oliver smiles at strangers and loves to interact with people.
  • Oliver is so physical! He loves to roll and pivot and MOVE!
  • He is definitely going to be one of those kids who is into everything-pulling books off bookcases, etc.
  • For the most part, he is a happy easy going kid.
My last list (I promise!)
Little things I don't want to forget:
  • Right now he has discovered the volume on his voice and loves to get really loud and then laugh.
  • I love how he smiles at you when he sees you when you come to get him out of his crib.
  • I love how he places his hand on my arm when I sit him up to burp.
  • He used to grab the burp cloth and hold it in his hands and it made him look like a little waiter. (You had to see this one)
Finally, I had to show these pictures of Oliver. (Yes, that's my hand keeping him from falling out of the chair.) The top picture I took today and the bottom one Doug took of Oliver in February.


Growing boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is such a big boy and I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday when we came to visit you. He is absolutely adorable!! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog- you're so good at recording all the "little" things.... he is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete