Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oliver's latest tricks

On Monday, my mom and cousin Molly came to visit Oliver and I had to show off Oliver's latest "tricks". I decided that I needed to record them (as well as some others) before I forget.

  • When Oliver is lying on his changing pad, he raises his right arm out-straight over his head. If you try to put it down, it pops right right back up. You can do this 5 or 6 times-it's like a little game with him. It is so funny-it's always his right arm.
  • He has discovered grabbing objects. It started with my shirt when he was laying flat and I was next to him. I realize I am projecting but it was like "Hey, Mommy...what's going on?" Now Oliver can bat at objects over his head and will grab onto something when you are holding him and hand it to him.
  • Along with grabbing objects, here is another fun game. He has a fish that plays 2 songs when you hit the button that dangles from his playmat that is removable. He has always loved this and we are always pushing the button and playing the songs for him but he isn't able to push the button when it is hanging from the arch on his playmat. I took it off the other day when he was playing on a blanket and held it out for him just to bat at. I was resting it against the palm of my hand when Oliver hit the button and started the song. I don't know who was more surprised, him or me! So then the new game was to watch him hit this button. I know one day he will have some toy that drives me crazy with all the music and noise but for now I love it!
  • We are working on rolling over. We play the game where I put him at one end of a blanket and I try to get him to roll over to me. No luck yet but I will roll him over for tummy time (which he is not crazy about) and then roll him to me. Not as successful as the fish batting but we are working on it.
  • Today he wasn't feeling well and hadn't taken a good nap so I was walking around with him. We did the "Who is that handsome baby in the mirror" game-and today Oliver smiled at his own reflection! He just smiled and laughed at himself in the mirror. Before he just sort of looked like"Who is that kid?" but now he seemed to really enjoy looking at that handsome boy in the mirror.
So many people have sent well wishes to me as I have returned to work. Thank you so much. It has been a difficult transition for me but I am making it one day at a time. We are so lucky to have Granna come everyday to take care of Oliver. He has done great with her and she is wonderful with him. We appreciate it so much. I am on spring break next week and will try to enjoy every moment with him. Oliver is doing great-I just miss him so much.

I will post new pictures soon. I just wanted to get a new post up before any more time passed. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a smart boy! I'm glad it is going so well with your mom now that you are back to work. It's nice you have your Spring Break to look forward to. It's all downhill from there! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of extraordinary Oliver's tricks!
    So glad to get to enjoy him and share some of your time.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete