Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

2 month doctor appointment


Oliver's two month doctor appointment was last Wednesday and I am just now getting around to posting an update. It has been a very busy week here but I will do my best to update the latest Oliver adventures! This picture, by the way, was taken by Doug when Oliver was in his swing one night. I just love his expression. As you can tell he is holding his head up well. I will have to post again soon about all of his latest accomplishments but for now the doctor's appointment...

First of all, the pediatrician said he is doing great. It was good to talk to the pediatrician and have some new mom questions answered. The big news is his weight and length-I couldn't believe it. Oliver now weighs.....

15 pounds!

Oliver's length is....

25 1/2 inches!

He is in the 97th percentile for weight and was literally off the chart for length. I guess we don't have to worry about him getting enough to eat! I am now looking for a new carseat because he will outgrow the current one at 22 pounds or 29 inches-whichever comes first. The doctor also said he got his height from me. This is special for me since as you can tell from the pictures, all of his other genes are from Doug.

I am so sad to pack away his 0-3 (and now many of his 3-6) month clothes. Some of them Oliver didn't even get to wear or only wore once. I am trying to take pictures in as many outfits as I can but we often do an outfit change because I can't stand for his little legs to be bent.

Here are 2 of my favorites that are now packed away.

In the end, though, I am just happy that my not-so-little boy is healthy and happy. Although, it looks like we will definitely be shopping for some new clothes soon.

3 comments:

  1. He HAS grown! When I look at newborn clothes, I am shocked because the girls didn't even fit in premie stuff for awhile. It goes by so quick when they are that small. You definitely have a cutie! It was great to see you the other day! Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's absolutely adorable! I love those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is. Jacob was always that way, but Olivia only weighed 18 lbs at her 1 year appointment. She is a peanut! I'm glad I found your blog so I can keep up with everybody from up there.

    ReplyDelete