Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going back to work


Well, it's finally over. My maternity leave ends this week and I go back to school on Thursday. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Everyone was right. It went by like a blink of an eye. It is harder than I ever imagined. Today it really hit me when I set my alarm and got up at 5:15 am for a "dry run" on getting ready for school. Typically, I feed Oliver at about 6:00am and then he goes back down for another couple of hours. This is great in the sense that it will be easy to get ready in the morning but I realized that I wasn't going to have any "fun" time with him before I leave for school at 7:15. By the time I get home, we will have a little play time and then it will be time to go to bed. I know that we are very fortunate to have Granna (Doug's mom) watching him during the day and I will be home around 3:30 after school. This is truly a blessing because I don't know if I could go back any other way. Any positive thoughts during this time are appreciated!

On a happier note! I took these pictures yesterday when we were not taking a nap (more on that in another post) so hence the sleepy eyes. Oliver is smiling even though he was exhausted
from not napping all day. Thanks again Aunt Bonnie for the blanket-we love it! We are working on rolling over and grabbing at objects and this blanket is great for that.Here is another picture of Oliver where he rolled over on his side for the first time a few weeks ago. It's not the best picture, I know. I just had to grab the camera to capture this first side roll. He will never do it "on command" only when it is time in his mind so who knows when he will decide to roll all the way over.

More later on Oliver's latest adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Carolyn... just know I will be waiting with kleenex in hand Thursday! I just always have to remember that God has us where he wants us to be- even though it can be very hard to understand at times. We will be so glad to have you back!

    He is so precious- he just doesn't look like a 2-month old! I love that smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. I cried and I only had to leave 2 days a week. I knew she was in good hands, but I wanted her to be in mine. :)

    I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete