Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blizzard 2011


I had all these blog posts planned in my mind including one with pictures from our snow days last week. When this happened...



This is view from our driveway.




Our front yard covered in 21 inches of snow..at least..I think we got a bit more here on this side of town.




Garrett having a blast as the snow fell yesterday morning. To quote Oliver, "Garrett jump in snow". Excuse the blue snow..poor editing on my part.




I don't know if Oliver believed me that his sandbox was still there..since it had been covered since about 6:00 am but we had a great day yesterday.



Blurry but I love this smile.

Reading "Little Bunny Foo Foo". Oliver can "read" his favorite books now. It's so much fun to watch.

We really did have a great day yesterday. It snowed all morning and into the early afternoon. I have never been in snow this deep. It was up to my knees! I would try to take Oliver out again today but the high is only supposed to be 25 and even though it is sunny it still might be too cold for Oliver.

Doug tried to go to work yesterday but got stuck in the driveway. It was nice being home with him and getting some time with the three of us. Luckily, a snow plow came through the neighborhood early this morning and he was eventually able to get out and go to work. For all our northern readers, I know you must be laughing but for we are just not prepared for this kind of snow down here. It is a pretty big deal. I hope that we get this kind of snow at least once when Oliver is a little older. I know he would really love playing in it.

I will be home again tomorrow with Oliver. This makes snow day number ten for us so we will be having a shortened summer this year. I know I will regret in June but it has been so much fun being home with him. Especially since I know I won't see Oliver as much next week due to parent teacher conferences after school.

I plan to post some pictures from the last snow days..lots of fun indoor activities. Also, I want to write about how it has been so much fun being at home with Oliver when he is rested and happy. I feel like I am getting to know him more everyday since we have had these extended breaks. When I pick him up in the afternoons, by the time we get home, he is often tired and starting to get cranky. I feel like I have really seen Oliver at his best lately.

As Oliver would say, "How fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment