Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Elusive Smile

I have been trying to get a picture of Oliver smiling for weeks and every time I would bring the camera to my face, he would give me such a serious expression. Today Daddy captured this smile while tickling his tummy.


Here is my best attempt as he turned away.Oliver's smile can make me smile even when I am exhausted at 3:00 a.m. Oliver will coo and talk to you and just smile away. Daddy and I have joked that we want his cooing noises as our ringtone on our phones.

He is truly a joy to have around.

4 comments:

  1. Carolyn!! I'm your first comment!! I feel so honored. Oliver is absolutely adorable! I know you are loving being a mommy-what fun! (and little sleep!) Laura and I were wondering if we could stop by this Friday around lunch? I know you probably have Oliver on a schedule so just let me know what you think! So glad you have a blog, it's so fun. Love you!Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great smile! Thanks for giving us all a window into Oliver's days.... We look forward to meeting him in person sometime this year--maybe you'll come to Colorado this summer. (There's always Beerfest, which we know Doug would love.)
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the smile photos. What a great way to preserve the story and make it available to the rest of as it happens. Can't wait to meet Oliver in person.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I look forward to reading all about Oliver. :)

    ReplyDelete