Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Content

I tried to define the word content this week for my fifth graders and explained that it means that you are happy-just not "jumping up and down happy". Tonight I saw the definition of content. I had just finished nursing Oliver and had laid him down on the bed to put him in his sleep sack. He was lying there in his pajamas and just gave me the sweetest smile-he was so content. It wasn't his cute teethy grin he has when we are playing-just a closed mouth smile. I loved it.

I love putting Oliver to bed. When we went through our hand, foot and mouth/ear infection sleep disruptions, I broke my rule about rocking him to sleep (anything that works at 3:00 am, right?). When I rocked him, he curled his long body up in my arms and would snuggle up against me in the rocker-so wonderful. Now he does this when I put him down for bed. The routine is that I carry him into his room, turn on his music, and sway a little back and forth while I tell him good night. Oliver will now try to curl up in my arms like he did in the rocker. I love it. It is the best feeling in the world. We are both content.

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn, That is the sweetest! Those are my favorite times too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those days.... :) SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete